USPTO teaches three-step approach to filing a patent without an attorney
Interested in filing a patent application without assistance from a registered patent attorney or patent agent?
The USPTO will host a free webinar on Wednesday, December 13, from 1-3 p.m. ET . Hosted by the Midwest Regional Office, the program is open to all. Registration is required. Once registered, you will receive a link to join the webinar. Captioning service will be provided.
The training will cover:
- Understanding types of patents, including provisional and nonprovisional applications
- Filing provisional and nonprovisional applications
- Researching related, preexisting inventions
- Registering as an eFiler
- Completing required written disclosure and patent application forms
Why would a patent agent like Keeley DeAngelo LLP tell potential clients that they can file a patent application without us? Because:
1. It’s a fact
2. Like filing your taxes, the process can get complicated. A patent agent can help. At rates much lower than an attorney’s, we help independent inventors get their applications through the long application and examination process. As a registered patent agent, Scott Keeley handles all aspects of patent prosecution, from filing to post-grant. The only thing he doesn’t do is attorney services, like argue in court. Instead we spend all our professional energy getting your solid patent granted.